The final, finished and varnished dragon for Lilly. This is difficult to get a good picture of - either the varnish is shiny in the light or it's too dark and my scanner completely ruins the quality. Much of the detail is also lost in the photo; the trees have moss on them and I used the idea of tree-faces from my 'Outcast' picture to frame this one. The lillies - well is was for 'Lilly' so it made sense, although me and flowers don't really get on. This picture has been done nearly all in watercolour with a few details done in watercolour pencils and the black outlines in ink, then varnished over in watercolour varnish. Unfortunately after this photo was taken I thought the varnish was dry (it looked and felt dry) and closed the sketchpad. Much to my dismay when I opened it, the varnish had stuck to it and pulled in places so it needs a re-varnishing. Still I'm happy with the finished painting especially since it's taken me so long!