New upload of this one, due to some constructive comments. I tried to make the colours stronger, to compensate for the intense black of the text, and I think I succeeded. Still, however: the front page for the herbary we are supposed to do for school: 105 spieces handed in for assessment as of today. I'm proud. I actually managed...
The thingies in the right-hand margin aren't mine, really. They both appeared (or something very like them appeared) in one of Christopher de Hamels great books on illuminated manuscripts.
Medium: watercolour and gold pen on thick paper, A4. Finally I found a scanner which would scan thing bigger than A4, meaning that I could include the red bordes.