The castle was designed to fit around the wedding table at a reception for a friend of mine. I think it worked well and they were pleased. Camera shots were difficult because of the length of the castle and the room I had to take the shots. Each section is eight foot long and about 4 foot high. It is carved from that pint foam that you see in home improvement stores as insulation. I tried to paint the castle with three colors of acrylic paint. Grey, black and some blue. I am not much of a painter, but I found a technique that worked well for me. I first painted the entire piece black and then layered on the grey and finally highlighted with blue and whites. Sadly, just as I was finishing the thing I started to get a feel for how to work the paint, but I think that happens often with a piece.