Elfwood is the worlds largest SciFi & Fantasy community.
- 151332 members, 7 online now.
- 13449 site visitors the last 24 hours.
Welcome to another SciFi series. There was a time I didn’t usually draw so much about Science Fiction but recently my interest grew in this area probably due to various movies I saw these last two years since I barely managed to upload anything… so I hope you enjoy my final products.
I’ll state from the beginning two important things:
1) this particular SciFi nation was strongly inspired from the Starcraft computer games but, then, other ideas came to me and it evolved from what might have been “fan art” in something more original (I usually refrain from doing fan art and just keep the excitement all to myself :)… but if I get an original idea based on something, then I draw with the mention of the inspiration source if it still remains powerful enough).
2) there are three major SciFi nations in my imagination: this one (usually referred to as “warp” because of their powers), the reptile-horse like nation (which you can also see in this gallery right after this series) and another more bodily-based, with swamp-like units, (but I have kept no picture of them and there are no further details anymore). All three are strongly related, so keep that in mind. However, more details about the second nation can be found at the appropriate pictures, while I will now proceed to speak about the warps. Some of their best warriors ride a reptile-like SciFi horse like those drawn by me, while their king and some elite guards even have chariots pulled by these creatures. With that in mind, I will now concentrate on warp-specific details.
General details. This nation is the technology based one. However, even though they are excellent at exact sciences, they equally value the inner feelings, philosophy, morality and virtue. So they are not your typical cold and rational mentality, in fact, no technological evolution takes place without having a solid moral basis first and it being of actual use.
Physical data. They are physically strong. Their head hosts a strange brain formation that is capable of sustaining advanced mental powers, so great that it was necessary for it to prolong outside the skull through some tentacle-shaped formations that conduct electricity. Their eyes are rather normal but, due to the electricity, they are glowing with a residual phosphorescent substance. Their eyes do not see like ours, by light, but by movement (like a radar). They also hear profound beats and rhythms and are not that keen on common sounds as we are. However, their mental powers correct this if they are on, and give them a variety of ways to feel. Their whole body has organic metallic wires stretched in order to allow for a better control upon the mental powers. They have four hands, one strong pair with three fingers and another one for more delicate work with five fingers (usually hidden). The legs are well taken care of because this nation likes to run. A lot. They are fast and agile and enjoy freedom of movement; despite great technology, nothing beats a race on foot. They also have a tail. They always keep their mouth covered because they have no lips, only huge, long sharp teeth that may scare other individuals (they also cover their shoulders).
About the mental powers. Also called “warp powers”, which gave the name of the nation as warps. Basically, they can do with the mind all sorts of things: from telekinesis (moving objects from small to huge, depending on their training) to mind reading and sophisticated algorithms. Special trainings allow them to turn invisible, temporarily immaterial (spectral) or even to teleport at times solely based on their mental powers and not technology. However, they also need to rest and when they sleep the powers get turned off, then on again. The growth of the mental powers can be seen physically in the length of their fleshy hair.
Communities. They are a tribal nation. There are 6 types of warps, based on their skin color: white, yellow, red, blue, the green, black. Each has a major leader but all of them are ruled by a common chosen king. This nation has five genders – yeah, complicated bunch. Depending on the gender, their body differs slightly and they have different clothing style (as can be seen in the pictures: skin color and clothing types).
Technology. I haven’t given it much thought except for your basic advanced nation that does right what we have done wrong. Yes, they have lasers and warfare machines, but they prefer honorable melee fight. As a nation that cares deeply about community first, they never invented something useless or for the sake of invention and before perfecting the military, they took care to reach the heights of medicine and other society-friendly sciences and utilities.
That being said, only one more thing remains – what you actually see in the pictures. :D
Types of military units
1) The melee fighter
2) The mechanic
3) The medic
4) The special warrior
5) The stealth warrior’s main strengths are agility, invisibility and teleportation. His use of powers is quite tremendous and costly – he tires very fast. But other than that, he is a proficient spy, thief, assassin, saboteur, surprise attacker, etc.
|Lost outer beauty||~ The terror which was an artist - 2. Relaxing in the tree|
|Half-reptile-tail.jpg||- SciFi reptile 02 - heavy walker.jpg|
|Pieces of mind - artist classical.jpg||Visage from the Halls.jpg|