Elfwood is the worlds largest SciFi & Fantasy community.
- 149203 members, 6 online now.
- 14258 site visitors the last 24 hours.
||This render was originally never supposed to amount to anything, but as I worked on it, it turned into the missile here. I won’t go through what I did to make this image, but I will say that I usually use textures on models. For some reason, I felt like painting it with the brush and this is what happened. Only the rings have applied textures. (I’m saying this on the basis that “painting a mesh” is actually done in Amorphium3, while a texture is made in a completely different program then applied to a mesh). |
At first I was going to call this missile the “Blue Falcon” or the “Shrike,” but decided on a name that had nothing to do with birds.
The “Fenris” is a WAFIM, or Wide-Area Fighter Interference Missile. It scrambles the systems of any fighters up to five kilometers away, friend or foe, so usually it is launched from either a lone fighter ahead of the main force or a capital ship before the battle starts. The “Fenirs” is about ten feet long and has a range of about ten miles.
The raptor head was an idea to strike fear into the enemy’s hearts. While more then 90% the “Fenris” missiles carry the raptor head, the other 10% uses the standard nose cone.
|Dragon of Infinity (Colored)||Multi-Armed Seahorse|
|The RED MAGGOT||My Other Pet|
|Saratoga the Ice Hawk||City Phoenix|