Elfwood is the worlds largest SciFi & Fantasy community.
- 151317 members, 2 online now.
- 14951 site visitors the last 24 hours.
- 501857 SciFi & Fantasy Pictures, 37382 Stories.
- 3839375 comments written.
According to a legend King Richard's remains were moved from original resting place to another when the monks of Leicester heard about King Henry VIII's intentions to clean all the monastaries from their gold and silver. And since he was Tudor his hate towards old Yorkist king was obvious, so the tomb was in danger.
The monks took Richard's bones and reburied them to a catacomb under the village. After they had trasported all of the bones they tossed some gold coins to the coffin showing their their respect towards the deceased and thanking him from his good deeds.
- Noone has written in this guestbook yet... be the first!
Not signed in, Add an anonymous comment to this guestbook...